Why use simulation modeling in education and research? This is the question we answer in our new white paper where we dive into how simulation is used in both teaching and research. If you are conducting research, teaching, or just starting your journey of learning, simulation is a powerful and enlightening tool to work with.
Simulation modeling is, in essence, a learning tool. From its beginnings, in areas such as healthcare, it has been used to gain insight and to teach. With modern simulation taking advantage of powerful computers, the possibilities are now far greater. And they are not limited to such specific domains or expensive setups as those used for airplane pilot training.
As the paper shows, those teaching and researching all kinds of topics already benefit from powerful desktop and cloud-based general simulation modeling. In areas including social dynamics, industrial processes, transportation, healthcare, and public safety, simulation is providing powerful insights and helping demonstrate concepts and ideas.
The paper explores how to choose a simulation modeling tool and provides examples of how laboratories, research institutes, and universities around the world are using simulation. Find out more and see how simulation empowers research and education, download a copy of the paper:
Other AnyLogic white papers:
- Material Handling Simulation — Analyze and refine material handling processes in a way that is easily understood and communicated.
- Simulation Modeling for Consulting — Across industries and disciplines, simulation provides insight and analysis that is easily verified, communicated, and understood.
- Developing Disruptive Business Strategies with Simulation — How modeling helps to analyze and optimize business strategies.
- An Introduction to Digital Twin Development — What are digital twins, how to create them, and client projects using AnyLogic digital twins.
- Multimethod Simulation Modeling for Business — Overview with guided model building example.
- Simulation Software Comparison — Discrete event simulation competitors.
- Artificial Intelligence and Simulation in Business — How simulation and artificial intelligence work together to overcome business challenges.